Guiding Principles and Quality Statement
EIS is committed to conducting business with honesty, integrity, and in full compliance of the law. We ensure client satisfaction with high-quality products and services that are delivered on schedule and within budget. We promote staff satisfaction through challenging work, excellent compensation, and career development. We use industry standards, best practices, and continuous process improvements to ensure mission and client success.
Our success results from working closely with clients to understand their needs and deliver services and solutions that improve their operations. Founded in 1994, EIS has achieved solid growth through remaining client-focused and maintaining technical excellence. EIS has more than 300 employees supporting various Federal clients with over $50 million in annual revenues. EIS is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
As a strategic partner with our clients, EIS offers the following proven services that align program management, systems engineering, and Information Technology (IT) solutions to their business goals and performance objectives:
- Systems Engineering/Biometrics Systems (Systems Engineering, Agile DevSecOps/DevOps, Testing, IT Operations)
- Cloud (Agile DevSecOps/DevOps, Enterprise Infrastructure)
- Mobility (Agile, DevSecOps/DevOps, Enterprise Infrastructure)
- Software Engineering/Big Data/Data Analytics (Ingest, Processing, Analytics, Reporting)
- Agile DevSecOps/DevOps (Software Engineering/Development, Systems/Software IV&V and QA)
- Cybersecurity (Information Assurance, Information/Cybersecurity, Defensive Cyber Operations, Policy and Compliance, Forensics)
- Enterprise Infrastructure (Network and Data Center Operations, DBA, System Administration, Network Engineering, Telecomm., VTC, Hardware, Help Desk, End User Services)
- Engineering/Professional (Systems Engineering, SETA, PMO, IT Governance Major Systems Acquisition, Business/Financial Management, Logistics, Training)
Our commitment to quality service on time and within budget has earned us excellent evaluations on all contracts and several contractor-of-the-year awards from our clients.
EIS enjoys excellent financial stability, the highest Duns and Bradstreet rating among similar-sized companies, and has remained debt-free since inception.
Corporate Citizenship Against Human Trafficking
Our global policies, procedures, and practices reflect our strong commitment to good corporate citizenship. This commitment underlies the EIS Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Policy. Respect for human rights is an important part of being a good corporate citizen. This commitment applies to all EIS departments and employees and others who represent or act for us.
EIS recruits globally the best qualified talent to support business mission, goals, and services. Employees, agents, subcontractors, and recruiters play a key role in preventing human trafficking and related activities. Human trafficking and related activities include harboring, transporting, provisioning, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery.
To minimize the risk of human trafficking and to comply with contractual requirements regarding human trafficking and related activities, EIS employs a multifaceted approach to address the risk of human trafficking and related activities as noted in our Combating Trafficking in Person Compliance Plan.
EIS is a CMMI DEV & SVC Maturity Level 3 appraised and ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certified company. EIS uses project management body of knowledge (PMBOK) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards.